How to create authorization transaction using braintree api's?

Puneet1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

I'm using the sdk of the braintree in golang for doing payments.  I want to authorize the card payment before the actual transaction. Then I have read from some link which tell me that if the status:AUTHORIZED then the transaction will be authorized. Means it will not deduct the balance of the customer but the amount will be authorize. For this I make a sample code and it response me the same the status will be authorize. But on the braintree dashboard -> home page on the bottom there is total amount assume $100 will be displayed. And when I run the sample code it will be increased with the amount I'm passing in the request(passed amount $10. Total balance on the dashboard is $110). What it means? 1. "Transaction success" or 2. "Authorize success". I also check the summary page of the transaction when I reached on the single transaction page then the transaction status is authorized and there is only the button of the "void" payment. I also read that if the transaction is settled(transaction in success) then there is refund button on the top of the single transaction page. But there is only a button of the "void" and I click on that button(status success) then the amount of that transaction($10) will be deducted from the home page total amount(total amount: $110, after deduct void transaction amount: $100).

What it means? why the authorize transaction amount will be added to the braintree dashboard total amount?

Please help me to understand about this flow.

Regards

Puneet

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.