Guest Payments (Credit card) to accounts in country of Georgia

tjw101
New Community Member

Trying to use Paypal Express Checkout with Paypal token from Express Checkout via Braintree SDK - Live Account

(Business Paypal account, based in Georgia Country)

I am aware that different countries have different accessibility to Paypal payment options - specifically, the ability to be able to pay by, or accept credit cards from users who do not have a paypal account (guest users). But, for some reason Paypal does not keep a list of countries where guest credit card use is blocked/allowed, that I am aware of? And they certainly don't tell you inside your account, or when you join, that you are joining in a country where credit card payments are not available for guest users.

This lack of transparency makes it impossible for developers to figure out if the lack of guest options is down to a problem with the way they have set up the account, or down to paypal. Which is a massive headache and waste of time.

Is Georgia (Europe) a country where all ability to pay or receive guest payments via credit card without login totally blocked? Or is there a way to get this activated? (Customer service here don't seem to reply to emails, been waiting 6 days already)

Obviously I have my My paypal account set to allow guest payments. Which makes it more confusing why that option can be turned on and off, if ultimately guest payments are blocked in Georgia.

Hoping someone has some insight. Having tested using my friends Australian account in the same process, it worked first time. So it seems like my technical setup is not causing the issue.

If guest payment is allowed in Georgia, Can you let me know as many possible reasons why guest credit cards are not being offered at checkout?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.