Connect with PayPal in React app stopped working after no changes were made

grantsingleton
Contributor
Contributor

I am using the following React component to connect with PayPal (AAC). As per the documentation found here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/payouts/features/set-up-assisted-account-creation/

<AACComponent
   clientId="<client_id>"
   merchantId="<Merchant Account ID>"
   env="<sandbox/production>"
   pageType="<signup/login>"
   onLogin={onLogin} 
 />

I have been using this for several months and it returns the users paypal ID. Yesterday it stopped working for all users and started giving the following error:

Version+information+is+unavailable+for+key+aac_jws_keypair

This is all the error says. I have made no changes whatsoever from when it was working. It just stopped working and my app is essentially broken right now due to this. Anyone else dealt with this error?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

marcusberry72
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we are having the same problem. PayPal??

Login to Me Too

grantsingleton
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It's Connect with PayPal and I use it to get the payer ID so I can payout my sellers. It's been broke over 24 hours now. 

Login to Me Too

tgat
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing this issue too. Been broken for over 5 days now. Can anyone at PayPal confirm this is being looked at?

Login to Me Too

grantsingleton
Contributor
Contributor

Yes 5 days ago is when it broke for me also. Thanks for replying hopefully the issue will get attention

Login to Me Too

shopmyshelf
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. It is only with the production account though, the sandbox works as expected. Please advise - this is now a week with a broken integration on production with no response from the PayPal team.

Login to Me Too

tgat
Contributor
Contributor

I created a ticket for this issue with MTS last Thursday (6 days) and still haven't heard back other than an initial info gathering email. Anyone else on this thread hear anything yet from PayPal? Any updates, fixes, or ETAs from them? Any help appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

shopmyshelf
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a solution?

Login to Me Too

tgat
Contributor
Contributor

Issue resolved. PayPal finally responded to my MTS case last night (2 weeks later) but did not provide any details on cause. But all is working as it should now. We changed nothing on our side to resolve, all on PayPal's side. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.