Can I continue using checkout js rather than upgrading to the PayPal JavaScript SDKs?

mba90008
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...

I know support for checkout.js was been discontinued...but can I continue using it on my website rather than upgrading to the javascript SDK?  Trying to upgrading to SDK has given me nothing but headaches and nightmares? Checkout.js...runs smoothly with no problems on my site.  Out of sheer frustration, I want to throw in the towel on upgrading to SDK ...but my only hesitation is that I'm not sure if checkout.js will be available indefinitely (unsupported) or discontinued completely.  I've searched the web to find an answer to this question...but I've yet to find anything?  Can anyone shed some light on this issue.

Thanks  in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

not_here

Hi @mba90008,

I can understand your concern. We would encourage you to upgrade to the JavaScript SDKs so that you're always up to date when we make product changes. With checkout.js, this product will continue to work and we will support it, but the product updates that we make will not be made to checkout.js. 

Hope this helps!

Christina 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.