BraintreeHttp-Dotnet.dll | I need to strongly sign this assembly to use in a .Net 4.6.1 project

manlyboy
Contributor
Contributor

The Version 2 checkout PayPalCheckoutSdk depends on BraintreeHttp-Dotnet.dll . The PayPalCheckoutSdk is strongly signed for use in .Net 4.6.1 however the BraintreeHttp-Dotnet.dll is not strongly signed. This makes the PayPalHttpClient throw an exception when accessed:

"Could not load file or assembly 'BraintreeHttp-Dotnet, Version=0.1.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)",

The Braintree dll is not available on their github site so I'm unable to add my own key to strongly sign it.

I'm in a catch 22 situation as I must compile in .Net rather than .Net Standard.

Is there a solution available - or workaround?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

foxium
New Community Member

Were you ever able to get hold of the source of BraintreeHttp-Dotnet?

We're in a similar situation and we're looking for the source of PayPalHttp-Dotnet, which is also non-existent on GitHub. Curiously, the same library's source is available for a number of other frameworks, including Java. I wonder why?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.