wired request

AaronYYY

I got email like this

is that really happening? I want to check the transfer detial?
Or I got a fraud email?
WeChat Screenshot_20191213075653.png
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AaronYYY 

Yep its a scam.

No funds in your paypal balance = no payment.

Paypal would NEVER ask you to refund that way.

This scam has been ongoing for about 10 years.

Delete email and ignore the scammer.

Sounds like a hijacked Ebay account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AaronYYY 

Can't see screenshot, you may have to wait till tomorrow for the moderators to approve it so it shows up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AaronYYY
This is PayPal customer center. Thank you for your patience through our verification exercise. We are ready to credit the funds into your PayPal account, however during our account data base system check, it was discovered that the buyer of your eBay item sent an additional payment of $2,500.00 in addition for the initial payment of  being paid for your eBay item. 

Having reviewed your payment profile on our database we noticed that the total amount due to be credited into your PayPal account is  instead of $2,500.00.

Your buyer has requested the money to be sent to Texas. According to PayPal refunding policy, you're required to send the refund of $2,500.00 to your buyer, this is in accordance with the New World Bank directives governing online payment refunding. We cannot credit back xxxx(buyer's name) because it has passed the limit we can refund back to their account as it's been placed pending here on your account data base. We're sorry for recent technical issues that may have impacted you, Please know that we are committed to ensuring a world-class business experience. Your PayPal account will be credited with the total amount of $5,000.00 once we confirm you've processed the refund to your buyer.
Login to Me Too

AaronYYY

this is part of email content

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AaronYYY 

Yep its a scam.

No funds in your paypal balance = no payment.

Paypal would NEVER ask you to refund that way.

This scam has been ongoing for about 10 years.

Delete email and ignore the scammer.

Sounds like a hijacked Ebay account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AaronYYY

so this email address <removed> is an illegal address right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.