when does the 2021 1099k become available? As of today I can only get the 2020

PlanetSafe
New Community Member

Looking to download the 1099k. Only available up to 2020. Does anyone know when the 2021 1009k is available to download?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Nick

Hi @PlanetSafe,

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten your 1099k yet. These documents are issued by January 31st, and we'll notify you when they are available via email. If you do not receive one, then you were not eligible under the requirements here, https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq729.

~Nick
Login to Me Too

Carpen14
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal notified me that my 2021 1099K form was available for download. It is not available at all. Tax year 2020 is the latest tax year available.

I need the correct 2021 document so I can file my State Franchise tax documents by Jan. 31st.

Please help me solve this issue. The State govt. will impose a late fee if I file late!

Login to Me Too

peteralanwolf
Contributor
Contributor

I got the notification that my 1099-k was available.  It certainly is not yet.  Only up to 2020.  I wonder if they have a glitch sending out notifications and not actually giving us the 2021 1099-k.

Login to Me Too

Carpen14
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is impossible to get an answer from. You'd think they'd check their work, given how our rates keep going up.

I'm still waiting to get an answer but I won't hold my breath.

Login to Me Too

FredGwynn
Contributor
Contributor

WATCH OUT!! - IF YOU WANT PAYPAL TO ISSUE A CORRECTED 1099K, DUE TO INCORRECT PAYMENTS RECEIVED (i.e. - payments received that are wrongly classified as business goods and services, when the payments are personal) - FORGET IT!!  PAYPAL WILL NOT CORRECT TRANSACTION ACTIVITY - EVEN WHEN THE PAYMENT ERROR WAS REFUNDED THE SAME DAY.

PAYAPL STILL ISSUES A 1099K BASED ON GROSS RECEIPT ACTIVITY, AND NOT NET ACTIVITY - CREATING HUGE TAX FILING PROBLEMS.  PAYPAL IS HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND A JOKE OF A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, BY NOT ISSUING AMENDED AND CORRECTED 1099Ks.

Login to Me Too

Mikes_Decals
Contributor
Contributor

Same here 2021 Not ready yet. Only 2020 showing up. I hope they get this together. I'm trying top schedule with my accountant and I can't do anything until this form is in hand. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.