statements

JohnBauman
Contributor
Contributor

The instructions for obtaining a monthly statement of my paypal account are simply not accurate.  They say:

Click "Activity"
Click on "Statements" and get a pulldown menu in pdf format

This is how I've done it for almost ten years now.  But now if I click on "Activity", there is not "statements" to go to.  There is a day/date and there is "Filters".  There is no "statements".

How do I get my monthly statement now that they've changed the site?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

mpdooley
Contributor
Contributor

@JohnBauman wrote:

The instructions for obtaining a monthly statement of my paypal account are simply not accurate.  They say:

Click "Activity"
Click on "Statements" and get a pulldown menu in pdf format

This is how I've done it for almost ten years now.  But now if I click on "Activity", there is not "statements" to go to.  There is a day/date and there is "Filters".  There is no "statements".

How do I get my monthly statement now that they've changed the site?

Thank you

I ran into same issue.  Apparently they introduced changes in recent months and if your browser does not contain the necessary features they now require, you will not be able to access the download area.

I used a different browser to resolve my issue but you may not have that option.

HTH

Mike

Login to Me Too

Michael-Ryan
Contributor
Contributor

What browser did you use, Mike?

I've tried Chrome, Firefox (Quantum), Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer on Windows 10. The Statement button is missing on all of them.

Changing browsers should not be a requirement to access statements. They need to fix the website.

Chrome currently has a 62% market share. If the website doesn't work on Chrome, they're doing it wrong.

Login to Me Too

mpdooley
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 7 system to access statements as per your:

@Michael-Ryan wrote:

What browser did you use, Mike?

I've tried Chrome, Firefox (Quantum), Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer on Windows 10. The Statement button is missing on all of them.

Changing browsers should not be a requirement to access statements. They need to fix the website.

Chrome currently has a 62% market share. If the website doesn't work on Chrome, they're doing it wrong.

Login > Activity - click on the Statements Icon on right side of screen.

If I use SeaMonkey Browser cannot access Statements as Icon does not appear on screen.

Now if I login to PP and then enter the following in SeaMonkey:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/transactions/statements/monthly

I am able to get my statements using SeaMonkey as I have apparently "by-passed" the necessary javascript to get this page.

HTH

Login to Me Too

Michael-Ryan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

I can access the page using the direct link you posted in Chrome, so I can download my statements using that. Thanks for posting the link.

However, I am just unable to access the statements page from the Activity page regardless of the browser I've used. Chrome is by far the most popular browser on the market. If a company's website doesn't support Chrome, they should really review their priorities. As I mentioned earlier, I've tried many popular browsers, including the latest Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge (all on Windows 10), and the Statements link or icon simply isn't where the help page is stating it should be.

If it helps, I'm also using Internet Explorer 11 (11.345.17134.0, Update Version: 11.0.90). My Chrome browser has a few extensions running, but all other browser are vanilla with no modifications, extensions, or plugins. Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

I am with AOL.

HAVE YOU TRIED REPORT SECTION AND SEE IF YOU GET SUMMARY mtd and Ytd 

Login to Me Too

mpdooley
Contributor
Contributor

M-R:

Glad the link works.  I do not use Chrome or Windows 10 on any of my systems so no direct testing is possible.  Possibly someone can test further in this regard or at least indicate whether they can duplicate or explain what might the issue in your situation.

Of note, try setting your PayPal alerts to notify you of statements or activity via e-mail.  I found that those e-mails contained a link that would take user directly to their statement after login, even when the links were not showing in that same browser when logged in to their account due to missing icons or links in their display.

All problems have a solution........sometimes just takes a bit of effort to get there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.