report to show taxes collected that would be included in the 1099-K form?

VJG-Marketplace
Contributor
Contributor

Just got my 1099-K and was able to deduct my shipping charges, ebay fees and inventory costs from the total already.  I'm having trouble finding a report that I can generate which will sum all of the new taxes being collected which are being paid to individual states on my transactions.  I know the taxes are included in the "gross" sales volume figure, just can't find a way to break that out.

Anyone out there figure out a way?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VJG-Marketplace 

Try:

(Personal accts)

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

When customizing report fields, the "sales tax data report field" is found in the Transaction Details category which is already preselected but I am not sure if this will show the collected sales tax amounts, if any, which depends on how the marketplaces you sell at parse the collected tax info to PayPal transaction.

To tally the sales tax, just export the report as csv and then open it up in a spreadsheet and do a Sum() function at the last cell of the sales tax column.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VJG-Marketplace 

Try:

(Personal accts)

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

When customizing report fields, the "sales tax data report field" is found in the Transaction Details category which is already preselected but I am not sure if this will show the collected sales tax amounts, if any, which depends on how the marketplaces you sell at parse the collected tax info to PayPal transaction.

To tally the sales tax, just export the report as csv and then open it up in a spreadsheet and do a Sum() function at the last cell of the sales tax column.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.