quicken error ol-221-a

swieder711
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone get Paypal transactions to download into Quicken?  I am on the latest release of Quicken and get error code OL-221-A everytime.  This has been happening for the last 2 weeks.

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting my PayPal account from Quicken, but that did not stop the error.

Any suggestions?  Is this working for anyone?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

dhprobotics
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me about 3 weeks ago.  I started getting the error with R20 & just upgraded to R26.  Same error.  Was online with quicken who is certain the issue is with PayPal.  What does work is downloading to an iPad and syncing using my account thru the cloud to Quicken on Windows 10. So, Quicken on iOS will download, Quicken on Windows 10 will not.

Two errors logged in quicken related to this are:

20200501 17:56:25: Error- Missing FITID.--- [Retrieving data for PayPal]: *** Error occurred getting account transactions for [PayPal] ***
20200501 17:56:26: Not all required fields present. Object: STMTRS missing tag: LEDGERBAL

Login to Me Too

rmversluis
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, no import, no reset, cannot even set up connection any more.

Login to Me Too

davegrabo
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this problem for weeks.

Opened a ticket with Quicken tech support. Did a bunch of things, thinking it was on the Quicken side. Came to the same error as the other response in this thread (missing FITID)

Contacted PayPal support and opened a ticket. They blew me off with "sorry, not our problem, we don't support Quicken"

Quicken says it's PayPal's problem. PayPal says it's Quicken's problem.

Considering that it appears that PayPal isn't sending the data that it should be sending, it sure looks like PayPal needs to fix this.

Login to Me Too

Same story here.  From what I can tell, I was able to get transactions downloaded into quicken until April 8, 2020.  Opened a ticket with PayPal and they told me they don't support 3rd party apps like Quicken.  Just finished with a chat session with Quicken and they are confident its not a Quicken problem and told me to contact PayPal again.  PayPal isnt' taking calls and blaming it on COVID.  Stuck in the middle.

If anyone figures this out for a Windows PC please post it here.  As a work around I had to download transactions as a QIF file (that Quicken stopped supporting long ago) and imported it into the PayPal register in Quicken.  Hoping a better solution becomes available.

Login to Me Too

Rebop2020
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Same denials everywhere. Tried everything from Reset, to Deactivate, to new Quicken file to test with only Paypal. Cannot find a way to report to Paypal. They think Quicken is a vendor. How did you get through to them?

Login to Me Too

mymooser
Contributor
Contributor

I have been chatting with Quicken Technical Support simultaneously with PayPal Tech Support. Quicken keeps telling me the logs show a problem with the file the PayPal sends and that PayPal needs to look at the logs and resolve the problem. PayPal tells me that the problem is with he file types we have through our website are QIF and IIF. QIF are not supported after 2004 and IIF isn't supported after 2008. More than likely not be able to utilize any version of Quicken/Quickbooks after 2008. All issues with these file types with this organization must be resolved directly by Intuit. I've opened tickets with both companies, been on the phone and even screen share with Quicken this week as well. I've "escalated" my tickets and spoken to supervisors apparently....So I'm still stuck in the middle with these two companies telling the customer to talk to the other and no one fixing it. When will this darn OL-221-A Error be resolved?!

Login to Me Too

Not_Fred
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Last successful update was two months ago, April 21. I spent some time with Quicken tech support, and after reviewing my update logs, they declared that it was a PayPal problem. It seems to be impossible to contact PayPal about this - their "Message Center" will not accept messages. Clearly, PayPal doesn't care.

I've been a PayPal user for more than 15 years. There are reasons my use of PayPal has diminished over time, and this kind of thing is one of them.

Login to Me Too

Rebop2020
Contributor
Contributor

One thing a few of us with this issue have noticed is we have done business with a Chinese company about when this stopped and the file Paypal presents might have foreign characters in in breaking the download into Quicken.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.