problems finding ongoing balance on a business account

DebbieWaller
Contributor
Contributor

I have a link on my dashboard which says 'Activity (including balance and fees)' but when I click it it no longer shows the balance column. Only the individual transactions. I tried ordering some monthly statements but they only show transactions, then a balance at the beginning and end of the month. 
What I need is the balance after each transaction so I can check it against my accounts, which currently don't match probably due to some payments which had to be converted to other currencies than my own. I used to be able to see this by clicking on the link mentioned but not any more. 
Is there any way I can still see this information?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

Check out other posts on the forum, lots with the same problem. Apparently PayPal have 'phased out' the ability to view a running balance.

Login to Me Too

DebbieWaller
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply but it's a ridiculous decision on their part. Especially with a business account it really should be possible to check the effect of individual transactions on balance more often than a monthly statement.

Login to Me Too

DebbieWaller
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed, I am not sure what alternatives there are to paypal but may well be finding out in the not too distant future. Absolutely idiotic decision.

Login to Me Too

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

They deleted my reply, along with a bunch others. Seems they don't want people to know the truth. They are a joke...

Login to Me Too

DebbieWaller
Contributor
Contributor

I hope the gist of your replies are clear from my responses. So now they have not just removed a vital piece of information from my account but are vetoing anyone who doesn't like it. 
I do appreciate I could download a statement but that's a lot of faffing about that wasn't needed when the ongoing balance was visible. 

Login to Me Too

dasboata
Contributor
Contributor

that's BS how can you run my business like that now we are getting treated the way the media treats us 

Login to Me Too

BathshebaSculpt
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah no, this is not in any way acceptable.  I've opened several tickets about it and gotten a variety of responses, some more encouraging than others.  All have been responded to by humans.

I open new tickets as they get closed, and I'll continue with that as long as it seems to be burning their time.

If you want to too, the link is https://www.paypal-support.com/s/contactsupport

Login to Me Too

DebbieWaller
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a ticket and will continue to do so as well. I don't see how a business can perform a reconciliation if the effect of individual transactions are not shown anywhere. Even the monthly statement I downloaded doesn't have it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.