history tab

Marchy_86
Contributor
Contributor

hello I've received an email about a refund and it's says this: If the payment is not reflected in your PayPal balance, please check the status of the transaction in your Account History. Log in to your account and go to the 'History' subtab of the 'My Account' tab. If the Status of the payment is listed as 'Unclaimed', click the Accept button to reflect this transaction in your balance. for the life of me I can't find it would anybody be able help me?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

There is a lot of confusion since this latest tragic website redesign which is truly awful. Paypal say to go to Activity and then the drop down menu Statements (of course there are two Statement heading just to muddy the waters). Then you are supposed to choose Export Activity and then choose the History tab, except there isn't one. I have messaged Paypal and talked with them and they keep repeating the same instructions although, they are clearly not possible as the History tab is not there. Considering firms like Square and Izettle do debit and credit card transaction for 1.75% Paypal is making a lot of money by charging substantially more, but at the same time cannot be bothered to have the classic view and full transaction history in the basic menu.

It will not be long before another company undercuts Paypal as, they are not listening to customers and are arrogant!

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor
There is a lot of confusion since this latest tragic website redesign which is truly awful. Paypal say to go to Activity and then the drop down menu Statements (of course there are two Statement heading just to muddy the waters). Then you are supposed to choose Export Activity and then choose the history tab, except there isn't one. I have messaged Paypal and talked with them and they keep repeating the same instructions although, they are clearly not possible as the History tab is not there. Considering firms like Square and Izettle do debit and credit card transaction for 1.75% Paypal is making a lot of money by charging substantially more, but at the same time cannot be bothered to have the classic view and full transaction history in the basic menu.
It will not be long before another company undercuts Paypal as, they are not listening to customers and are arrogant!

Apologies for repeat, but the editing does not allow deletion and the earlier post had a red box showing a problem with the Captcha element and so I assumed that the post had not been put up because, that's what the message said. Once again Paypal reveal their lack of credibility when dealing with normal requirements like a proper website that works and a community forum that functions properly without hiccups revery time. Amateurish.
Login to Me Too

JLow_Kang
Contributor
Contributor

So? Any resolution about that?

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

26/6/18  I Spoke with Guru Bhatt, General Manager of the Chennai Technology Center in India. He currently leads the technology centers in Bangalore and Chennai and is the Global Engineering Leader for PayPal's Transaction Orchestration Platform organisation. And Vikram Bennur  (Product Management) was also on this  conference call to try and sort out technical problems with new website layout re compliance rules and usability.

The main thing that I got from this was that because different worldwide banking platforms use different timings to clear payments , Paypal will not put up the cleared balance in case it is still in process and they get flack for saying that the money is there when it is not. I asked them if they could put a disclaimer in place explaining this instead of having such a convoluted system in place which they thought was a good idea? However they said that people want all sorts of breakdowns now (why , I have no idea as, it's a joke trying to get the information compared to the old website which simply carried the running balance as well as details of each transaction. They said that they would keep me in the loop re further changes, and of course that's the last I heard from anyone.

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

26/6/18Spoke with Guru <removed>, General Manager of the Chennai Technology Center in India. He currently leads the technology centers in Bangalore and Chennai and is the Global Engineering Leader for PayPal's Transaction Orchestration Platform organisation. And Vikram <removed>  (Product Management) was also on this  conference call to try and sort out technical problems with new website layout re compliance rules and usability.

The main thing that I got from this was that because, different Wordwide banking platforms use different timings to clear payments and Paypal will not put up the cleared balance in case it is still in process and they get flack for saying that the money is there when it is not. I asked them if they could put a disclaimer in place explaining this instead of having such a convoluted system in place which they thought was a good idea? However they said that people want all sorts of breakdowns now (why , I have no idea as, it's a joke trying to get the information compared to the old website which simply carried the running balance as well as details of each transaction. They said that they would keep me in the loop re further changes, and of course that's the last I heard from anyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.