annual PayPal fees

dave4529
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get a monthly total of Fees paid to PayPal for 2018?

Thanks

Dave

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dave4529,

Thank you for your post!

The report that you will want to get is the Activity Download. This can be exported and viewed in a spreadsheet program such as Excel, and then columns and rows can be removed or hidden, or the information sorted to get to just the information that you need.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

monarchbicycles
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the Activity report but there's no column or row for PayPal fees.....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @monarchbicycles,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not found the column for fees in your downloaded activity. If you look to the right of the column labeled "Gross", you should see it. It's one of the default fields in the report.

I hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

monarchbicycles
Contributor
Contributor

There's no column labeled Gross, I've got Time, Timezone, Name, Type, Status, Currency, Amount, Receipt ID and Balance

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @monarchbicycles,

I'm seeing something different than you are in the copy of my own history that I downloaded. I'm wondering if there are any hidden columns in your document. Is the spreadsheet showing all the column letters at the top, or are some absent? If there are missing letters, you'll need to highlight the whole spreadsheet and unhide any missing columns.

Please let us know if this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

monarchbicycles
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, I've got A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J.

I've tried Completed Payments, Balance Affecting and All Transactions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @monarchbicycles,

I'd like to research this for you a little more. What country is your account registered in? I don't believe there is a difference between the US report (what I'm looking at) and reports in other countries, but I want to make sure I'm starting from the right place as I look into this.

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

monarchbicycles
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the US

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @monarchbicycles,

Thank you for that. I did a little digging. I discovered that the reason why I'm seeing options in my report that you aren't is because my account used to be a Premier account. When the Premier account option was discontinued several years ago, accounts that were previously Premier became Personal accounts, but retained some of the Business account-like options. I'm guessing that you probably have a Personal account, and one that was never a Premier account in the past.

As one possible solution, you could go to the Statements selection. There would be monthly statements available in PDF format that would have the fees listed. This is not optimal if you're looking for a full year's worth of information, but it is the place where fees are listed historically in a Personal account.

If you have a business, you could also consider upgrading your account to a Business account. This would allow for more robust reporting like what you're looking for.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.