With new PayPal format appears I can no longer download transactions. Am I missing something?

jaavenor
Contributor
Contributor

With old PayPal format I could download transactions to my Quicken financial software.  It appears with new format transaction download is not available.  Am I missing something? 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @jaavenor

Thank you for your post, it sounds like you would like to download your transaction history. 

The steps on how to download a transaction report can be found here: How do I download a report of my PayPal payment history?

However, to go back further than 3 years, you will need to contact our customer service team to request this report! 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage.

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal 

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

jaavenor
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  My question is concerning daily transactions.  With the old format I could export transactions by clicking on "export" at the bottom of the transaction list and choose file format.  In my case it's Quicken.  Apparently, this no longer is possible, the export function cannot be found.  Also, using the Quicken update function, PayPal will not accept my PayPal password.  These problems resulting from your September 20th PayPal new format.

Login to Me Too

jaavenor
Contributor
Contributor

Same as the prior PayPal format (pre-September 20th) I would like to be able to download daily transactions with the "Export" function button/link that was located at the bottom of the transaction list.  I'm interested in recent transactions - not the history as you've suggested.  I tried a history download into Quicken that resulted in duplicate transactions going back several months.  It took me almost an hour to delete the duplicate transactions and balance the ledger.  PayPal has also eliminated Quicken direct connect which would be of great help if this function was reinstated.  

Login to Me Too

MWalker2022
New Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same experience. Is this because i have a personal account rather than a business? I need to be able download my transactions for tax purposes.

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@radavi01, @MWalker2022, @jaavenor

Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear you've been running into some road-blocks downloading your history. I'm not familiar an Export button that was recently removed, however I was able to find the option to download your daily history to .CSV, .PDF, .TAB, as well as Quickbooks and Quicken formats in the Help Center article listed above.

Here's a quick link to your Reporting Center for your convenience. From there, you can select "Today" for your Date Range, and then your desired file format. 

I hope that helps everyone!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jaavenor
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  What throws me off with your suggestion, is that when you request a report - it generates a message indicating that an email will be sent when the report is ready.  In fact, the report is immediately available (I've just discovered).  Also noted is that one can generate only up to twelve reports.  What does this mean?  If after twelve days, will I not be able to access additional reports?  Lastly, each time when imported into Quicken - I receive a message from Quicken asking what account to apply the import and requesting what detail that I want imported.  This is so much more complicated than the prior to September 20th PayPal/Synchrony Bank version.  Luckily Sychrony Bank has not changed the format for their other clients, Amazon, Lowes and others. 

Hopefully for others the new PayPal format is customer friendly.  For me - not so much.

Login to Me Too

pshermanpt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I can't believe they would eliminate the QFX format.  QIF does not work with recent versions of Quicken as far as I can tell.

Login to Me Too

milesx85
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. It has nothing to do with history. I am just trying to download my last statement transactions. It was easy enough before and still is with other cards.

Login to Me Too

jaavenor
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I'd give PayPal another chance - I ordered something online and paid for it using the PayPal Mastercard function.  Yesterday I downloaded the transaction into Quicken.  This resulted as previous, in having to instruct Quicken as to which account to apply the transaction - and the download posted two debits and one credit into my chosen PayPal Mastercard ledger.  Superfluous posting requiring manual correction.

Like other community postings, going forward I will avoid using PayPal - disappointing as PayPal was once convenient online payment system.  I don't pretend to be a computer expert so in PayPal is contemplating fining me for erroneous posting I would ask that they first send a representative to my home so that I can show that person exactly the problems with PayPal that I'm experiencing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.