Will I get 1099? How to report my income?

dvnsa
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone,

I did not sold over $20,000 volume and I don't have over 200 separate payments in calendar year 2018.
I live in Massachusetts. I guess for MA residents the threshold is $600 per year (I'm not sure). I didn't even made $600 in eBay in 2018.
To be exact I only earn $99.44?? on eBay in 2018.

1. Do I have to file taxes for this $99.44 income?
2. Will I get 1099 from paypal?
3. If paypal is not sending me 1099 but if I want to report my income/loss, how do I report my income/loss to IRS?

Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dvnsa

You can access your 1099-K from your PayPal account by January 31st annually. Only those customers that meet the 1099-K eligibility requirements will see the 1099-K available for download in their account. For MA, the threshold is lowered to $600.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/common-us-irs-tax-questions-1099-k%2C-b-notice%2C-and-fa...

Unfortunately, no one in the forums is qualified to provide income tax reporting info, please contact a tax preparer in your State on how to report income if you do not receive an 1099K. Or go to the IRS.gov or state gov website if you want to do your own research.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.