Why are running balances no longer an option on the activity page?

Kawliga33
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know when this change occurred, but apparently we are not allowed to see running balances unless we go through the steps to DOWNLOAD a whole statement, which is just ridiculous.  I see from older posts it used to be possible to switch to an older ("classic") version of Paypal, where you could enable a running balance view right on the activity page, but I don't see "switch to classic" at the bottom of any of my pages, so I suppose that is no longer an option.  
I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION: WHY?

From dealing with and reading about various financial institutions, the inclusion or exclusion of running balance view has nothing to do with technology or common sense, as they are simple to program and obviously useful to the client. Rather, it tends to indicate whether the institution benefits most from clients who are as confused as possible about the "whats" and "whens" of their accounts. I used to encourage people to get a Paypal account as a superior alternative to regular banks, but it's getting harder to tell the difference.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kawliga33
Contributor
Contributor

OH and by the way, even going through the hoops of requesting a statement involves waiting.  "We'll email you when your report is ready."  That is just INSANE.  I could see if you wanted to do a printout with a long date range or something, but just displaying recent running balances from recent transactions on the activity page is such a BASIC feature that any square-dealing financial institution should offer automatically, not conceal under a pile of pages, pulldown menus and time.  

Login to Me Too

genericadm
Contributor
Contributor

I was using the "classic" site to see activity with running balance on the website, no report generation necessary. The link I had no longer works, but I discovered a new way to get the same info. See this post for details: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Activity-with-Running-Balance/m-p/1923538

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.