Where to find a summary of PayPal fees for the year

SenseiWu
Contributor
Contributor

I need the total PayPal fees I paid for tax year 2019. PayPal support is directing me to the Financial Summary report, which is no longer available. If I click Activity > Statements > Custom, there is no "Financial summaries" option. If I select any transaction type and create a report in CSV format, there is no column for PayPal fees in the resulting report. If I click Standard instead of Custom and download monthly account statements for the year 2019, I see a column for PayPal fees, but the reports can only be downloaded in PDF format, not CSV. If I click "Tax docs" instead of Custom, it takes me to the old PayPal interface, but it says I have no 2019 tax documents. If I click History > Download History or Statements or pretty much anything else on that page, it redirects me to the new interface where the option is no longer available.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

robbie3982
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue...

Login to Me Too

hekela
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to solve this all day. Fees show up in the pdf but not in the csv. Anyone been able to get fees to show up in the csv?

Login to Me Too

ebebeb327

Have anyone figured out this issue?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

bluekate
Contributor
Contributor

I was looking for a way to do this as well and just figured it out. 

If you go to Activity Download under Reports and choose Completed Payments in the drop-down, it will show a column for the Fees in the .csv. You can also customize some of the other fields that you want with the link directly below the drop-down. 
This is a link to the other thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Reporting/Determining-Paypal-fees-for-taxes/m-p/1780536#M2974

Login to Me Too

jrharrison3
New Community Member

It seems that PayPal has changed the download path on its website and this issue has come back.  I still dont see fees as an included column when I download my custom statements in CSV format.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too

jenniferrf1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too

Martin__Harris
Contributor
Contributor

Go to Activity ---> All Reports ---> Financial Summaries --> Financial Summary --> Set to the year you want.  Click "Create Report."  It will generate a big list that will include fees.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210709N
New Community Member

**UPDATE SOLUTION 2021**

GO TO: 

-> ACTIVITY -> ALL REPORTS -> FINANCIAL SUMMARIES -> SELECT DATE -> PRESS CREATE REPORT

Now you can see immediatly what you want to know, it doesn't give you an .excl file.

Good luck guys!

Login to Me Too

erco
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to Activity -> Downloads (icon), I don't see an "All Reports" option, or anything about Financial Summaries.
The only options I see are these three:

1. "Taxes -> Tax documents"
    There's nothing there except a pulldown menu for the last few years, and nothing happens when I click them.

2. "Statements -> All Transactions"
    Here I either can download statements that are in PDF only, or "Custom statement" which gives csv files without a fee column

3. "See more reports"
    This just seems to just be a report history for #1 and #2.

The rest are FAQ icons.

I've resorted to a lot of copy/pasting of fees from monthly PDF's to the spreadsheet for taxes which is error prone and just senseless drudgery. Why the heck aren't the fees in the "Custom statement" .csv files, where it makes perfect sense to have them??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.