Warning

Mooncasters
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal charged me $900 for a charge that was not even in my name. I filed a dispute. They returned my money now they are charging me a second time for the same charge that is still in someone else's name. As of today my account is cancelled and I am no longer responsible for the bogus charges

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Temp20210220h
Contributor
Contributor

Could you inform us of who charge is from? It does sound as if someone hacked your account. Change all your passwords to anything connecting to the paypal account including banking and email passwords.

Login to Me Too

Mooncasters
Contributor
Contributor
It was for a Sprint account that was in my husband's name who I am separated from not mine I tried to call Sprint they won't even speak to me because the account is not in my name but PayPal charged me then when I filed a dispute they returned my money and when I didn't have any documentation which the bill is not in my name I don't even have a bill they're charging me for it again twice for the same thing I've tried canceling my PayPal account it won't let me and I have been using PayPal now for over 10 years
Login to Me Too

Temp20210220h
Contributor
Contributor
Is it being automatically deducted each month?
Login to Me Too

Mooncasters1
Contributor
Contributor
No they want the full amount and have locked up my account. this was my business account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mooncasters 

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mooncasters1
Contributor
Contributor
It's bill from Sprint. The worst part is that PayPal charged my bank. I filed a dispute. They ruled and refunded my PayPal account the full amount. Two weeks later they changed their mind and now want me to pay it again!! I dont believe that's right. They refunded it. Why ask for it back!?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.