Viewing My History from 6 years ago

TheLemon27
New Community Member

Hi,

I need to view my paypal history from 2012. Is there a way to do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It's possible by downloading  or exporting your Transaction History - What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.  You can create and download a detailed report of all your transaction activity for any time period in the past 3 years.

* Personal Account:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Click on "Statements" (the "Blue" link)
* Click on "Activity export"
* Under "Transaction Type"
* Click "All Transactions"
* Select your Date Range
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

If you need to go back more than 3 years, for now there appears to be a work around.
* Login to your account.
* Once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

Note: This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want.

-----------------------------------------

* Business Account:

Note: If you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map - look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It's possible by downloading  or exporting your Transaction History - What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.  You can create and download a detailed report of all your transaction activity for any time period in the past 3 years.

* Personal Account:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Click on "Statements" (the "Blue" link)
* Click on "Activity export"
* Under "Transaction Type"
* Click "All Transactions"
* Select your Date Range
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

If you need to go back more than 3 years, for now there appears to be a work around.
* Login to your account.
* Once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

Note: This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want.

-----------------------------------------

* Business Account:

Note: If you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map - look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

Login to Me Too

TheLemon27
New Community Member

This worked thank you so much!!!

Login to Me Too

georgecowan4-gm
New Community Member

I got to this same screen (the one from the old classic style) but it still gives me blank pages for the periods beyond 3 years  -  so I tried your link  from scratch to see if I got a different screen - unfortunately it brought me to same screen I had found earlier and it still returns me blank data sheets for everything beyond the 3 year period - so this work around isn't working for me --  any other suggestions are more than welcome - I can't understand why someone from PayPal is not responding to these queries (they have not responded to my direct query either) - 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.