Updates to 1099-K form

Online-User0120
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I was issued a 1099-K with the correct name but incorrect address. The old address was in one of the states where there's a lower reporting threshold. So I have two questions,  how do update the address? What will happen to the form requirement since the state I'm living in doesn't have a  lower threshold? I don't meet the federal threshold to have the form issued in the 1st place. 
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kimsuy41
Contributor
Contributor
I have this same exact issue now. Customer service is not helpful. Someone please help.
Login to Me Too

Online-User0120
Contributor
Contributor

Reach out to CS by messaging NOT by phone. The Indian reps have no clue what it's needed to get you a corrected form

Login to Me Too

Kimsuy41
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did by messaging. However, the first rep knew what I was talking about but they fix something completely different from what I asked. They said they would be able to retract the 1099k...we will see. 

Login to Me Too

Online-User0120
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't know retraction was even an option. I'm going to ask. This would be the best way to go about it. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck
Login to Me Too

Kimsuy41
Contributor
Contributor

No problem. I hope they are able to do that. Good luck to you too. Please keep me updated. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Online-User0120
Contributor
Contributor
Did you have any luck with the retraction? I contacted CS and they said the tax team would give me an answer by now but I haven't heard back.
Login to Me Too

Halcombalexis
Contributor
Contributor

Does any one have updates on this? did they retract the 1099? im having the same issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.