Tax help for Rover dog sitter

Lauren777
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I started as a Rover dog sitter/walker last August and I receive my payments through PayPal. I have no clue how taxes work and the help guides I've read so far haven't been very helpful. I can't seem to find a 1099 anywhere on my PayPal profile. Can anyone help me out? I haven't made a ton of money, but I want to do what I need to do. Rover says that if I get paid through PayPal, it's on them to give me a 1099 or whatever it is that I need. I greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauren777 

Here is where you'll find your 1099-K:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-find-my-tax-form-1099-k-in-my-paypal-account-fa...

If you do not find the form, you may not have met the thresholds: more than 200 transactions AND $20K in sales

If you kept good records of just your gross goods and services payments independent of PayPal on a spreadsheet, you will know whether you've met these thresholds or not. If you do not receive the 1099-K, it just means that this income was not reported to the IRS by PayPal but you can still can report it on your taxes as income. Please consult a local tax professional for assistance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.