Status of 1099 when moving from Masssachusetts

blakeweth
Contributor
Contributor

So I currently reside in Massachusetts where I received a 1099 for the year of 2020 due to exceeding $600 in gross sales even though all I used paypal for was to sell things I don't use anymore on Ebay. I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with a 1099 again, not to mention the additional costs for filing it. This coming July or August, I will be moving out of the state Texas where the paypal 1099 reporting threshold is $20,000 in sales or 200 transactions. My question is if I sell over $600 in things while I am still living in Massachusetts (January 1st 2021- July/August 2021), will I receive a 1099 for the year of 2021 for the state of Massachusetts or will I not receive anything because my address at the time a 1099 will be filed for the 2021 tax year will be in Texas. I know I won't get one in Texas because there is no way I will sell more than 200 items of $20,000 in product but I can definitely see selling more than $600 in goods through ebay before I move because I will be selling things I don't want to move with. I just do not want to deal with, or pay for another 1099 just to sell things I don't use anymore.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.