Something has changed as of May 22 2018

Harro1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal accounts are email addresses, right?

So, why have the email addresses I send an eBay payment to stopped appearing on my PayPal payment transactions?

Has fleebay got its grubby little hands on PayPal again and is dictating what information PayPal can provide to its members about their PayPal transactions, ie sender and receiver email addresses?

My "Receipt for Your Payment" emails have stopped showing the receivers email address as of May 22 2018

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

are you asking when you pay an ebayseller,you don't see his email address in the transaction details?

that's Ebay,Ebay does not want us to get each other email addres so we can deal outside Ebay

Login to Me Too

Harro1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just provides a means for a buyer and a seller to send and receive money based on email addresses. They aren't supposed to be influenced by any third party like eBay.

Pandering for the benefit of a third party like eBay is illegal unless eBay owns PayPal.  PayPal tells me they aren't owned by eBay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.