Simple downloadable annual statement report

fitshadow
Contributor
Contributor

I know the OLD paypal site is no longer available, and its a shame. I need a basic report, a statement report that i downloaded into an old version of quickbooks. Ive been doing this for years and as of last year since they got rid of the old site, its gone. I dont understand why.

The current reporting shows multiple entries for a payment sent as, HOLD or Authorization, then as a deposit, then as out again.

So it looks like this

Verizon HOld

Verizon Payment

Verizon Deposit

So basically, its making it look like I Have a deposit that isnt a deposit when I download into quickbooks.

Not sure if im explaining it right but what Im looking for is a report that just shows Incoming payments (with merchant fee), and outgoing payments. Thats it!! Just one entry for each transaction instead of this nonsensical in/out/in that currently shows up.

I went into statements and it shows exactly what I want. But when I download it, its the same thing as the reports.

Anyone know how to do this? Otherwise, I have to go through an entire year and delete each hold and then deposit for each payment Ive made. This is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fitshadow 

I really don't see a way to create a report that excludes various or only includes a particular status(es) (hold, auth, deposit, etc) of a transaction. All stages/statuses of a transaction are downloaded.

If your version of quicken can read CSV files, there might be a way.

Create a CSV report as per below, then open it in a spreadsheet and sort status out by column and delete the statuses (by row). Basically, sort and edit out what you don't want or need, then save it back as CSV format and import it to quicken:

Report > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

It's much easier to edit out what isn't needed on a spreadsheet than deleting one by one in Quicken.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

fitshadow
Contributor
Contributor
That's a great idea. Will do, thanks. I miss the old reporting system. Wss a snap... Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.