Searching for transactions based on category or custom fields?

chespranspra
New Community Member

I am with a non-profit association that accepts payments for membership fees, conference registrations, and other categories. I would like to be able to search for transactions in PayPal based on these categories. We also ask the buyers to state the name of their organization - something we would also like to access in our transaction history. These are all credit card transactions, not from PayPal accounts.

What do I need to do to make this happen? PayPal Payments Pro? Does PayPal not do this at all and I need to find another platform for accepting payments?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

One option that many people do is create their own custom reports, here's how:

Download or export your Transaction History - What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then
use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.  You can create and download a detailed report of
all your transaction activity for any time period in the past 3 years.

* Personal Account:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Click on "Statements" (the "Blue" link)
* Click on "Activity export"
* Under "Transaction Type"
* Click "All Transactions"
* Select your Date Range
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

If you need to go back more than 3 years, for now there appears to be a work around.
* Login to your account.
* Once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

Note: This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to
be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want.

-----------------------------------------

* Business Account:

Note: If you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map -
look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

One option that many people do is create their own custom reports, here's how:

Download or export your Transaction History - What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then
use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.  You can create and download a detailed report of
all your transaction activity for any time period in the past 3 years.

* Personal Account:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Click on "Statements" (the "Blue" link)
* Click on "Activity export"
* Under "Transaction Type"
* Click "All Transactions"
* Select your Date Range
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

If you need to go back more than 3 years, for now there appears to be a work around.
* Login to your account.
* Once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

Note: This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to
be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want.

-----------------------------------------

* Business Account:

Note: If you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map -
look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

Login to Me Too

chespranspra
New Community Member

So there's no way to just quickly search for and see transaction details other than by the fields that PayPal provides (payer email address, etc.)? I can't search for keywords about the product sold? I have to download a report each time?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.