Scammer sent me incorrect item from China and providing Chinese return address

msalib888
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I purchased a scooter/bicycle from a facebook sponsored advertisement and a few weeks later I received a rubiks cube labelled as a scooter from the sender. Obviously it was a scam. I have raised a resolution case ID PP-D-74776659 and the seller is willing to provide a full refund however they want me to return the Rubiks cube which is fine however, the return address they have provided is in Chinese.

I am in Australia and have gone to several post offices and none can process a Chinese written return address. Obviously the sender has done this as it's a scam and know we wont be able to ship it back.

How can I get around this or flag this to PayPal? I'm an honest guy and just wanting my money back so these scammers stop their behaviour.

Regards,

Michael

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

pmjreynolds
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Micheal, 

The same happened to me! I wanted to ask if you were able to resolve your issue and get a refund or was it money in the wind? So sad this happened to US and I am sure many more. 

I will not be ordering off FB or anything other site unless I see it on Amazon. 

Sign Expensive Lesson Learned

Login to Me Too

msalib888
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Mate, good news is that I received an email from PayPal stating they are issuing me my refund. It was a tricky process but I got there in the end. Steps to get your money back: 1. Raise a dispute resolution 2. PayPal requires you to return the items with postal tracking 3. On the chat system with PayPal, ask them to confirm the details of what the return address details are. If address needs to be translated then ask them to have it translated. I printed both Chinese and translated English address (provided by PayPal) and stuck it on the return packaging 4. Ensure you take a full picture of your package with the tracking details clearly visible as you will have to provide this to PayPal 5. Once you’re dispute is complete you can claim a refund from PayPal for the cost incurred to return the item. It was worth the heartache as the more cases we raise to PayPal the higher chances their accounts get stopped. Hope this helped and good luck!
Login to Me Too

pmjreynolds
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Thank you so much for this information! I have started the process to get another address for the seller and waiting for Paypal to provide this information. This information is valuable and I will be using all of it to get my monies back. I agree that if enough of these type of cases continue to surface they will be shut down!!! CONGRATS on getting your money back

Login to Me Too

msalib888
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks mate and all the best. Let me know how you go.
Login to Me Too

Starmaker24
New Community Member

I also got a different product than I ordered.  I contacted the seller and they told me to return the item.  How will I know I will actually refund my money?

Login to Me Too

msalib888
Contributor
Contributor
Personally I wouldn’t send it yet. Start a resolution case through PayPal first and follow their instructions. Make sure when you return the item that it is registered and trackable. Take photos of the package showing the return address and tracking number in the same photo as PayPal will ask for this
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.