Sales Tax Report - Charts and Graphs gone!

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

I used to use  Activity > Charts and Graphs to quickly view my sales tax collected in the past month. It took 10 seconds. I have two business accounts and Graphs and Charts was deactivated from one of them - confirmed by PayPal. I called them to ask where I can find my sales tax info for that one account now and they suggested the CSV Activity Download report. Turns out sales tax isn't itemized there.

Where can I find this now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that Sales Tax IS itemized in the Activity Download report:

1. Click on Activity
  2. Click Download in upper-right corner
  3. Specify the date range and file format
  4. Refresh and download report
  5. Sales Tax is column T in my spreadsheet

Mine took just seconds to create but I don't have hundreds of transactions.

I miss Charts and Graphs but this works.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Jean1608
New Community Member

I would also like to know how to access "sales tax collected" if the charts and graphs form is taken away

Login to Me Too

TDCollectibles
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and called customer service was told to use the custom reports so generated a report and it tells me it will take a few hours to complete, still waiting to see if that corrects it.  Wish they would just bring the charts and graphics tab back was a 10 sec operation to get the sales tax each month.

Login to Me Too

motoheatusa
Contributor
Contributor

This is very complicated and slow for process for businesses.  Same as it use to be 7 years ago and now is the same. PayPal is going backwards. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out that Sales Tax IS itemized in the Activity Download report:

1. Click on Activity
  2. Click Download in upper-right corner
  3. Specify the date range and file format
  4. Refresh and download report
  5. Sales Tax is column T in my spreadsheet

Mine took just seconds to create but I don't have hundreds of transactions.

I miss Charts and Graphs but this works.

Login to Me Too

motoheatusa
Contributor
Contributor

Why this was deactivated?

Now is more complicated for all sellers to find this info Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Brexter
Contributor
Contributor

The rep told me it was deactivated before he started there and it took a long time to vaporize across the system. It disappeared on one of my accounts before the other. 

Login to Me Too

dginney

This has got to be one of the most frustrating things ever!!  PAYPAL WHY DID YOU REMOVE THE COLLECTED SALES TAX CHART?????????????????????????   HOW STUPID

Login to Me Too

SCARLETSDREAMS
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely ridiculous where has Charts and Graphs gone, couple of clicks and I knew how much I had received in a year, how much fees were. Now have to download the whole year or calculate an end amount through lots and lots of transactions. A simply to do thing made completely difficult now.  

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

Inconceivable to me as a 10 yr veteran of paypal sales why on God's green earth Pp thought it would be a good idea to eliminate the simple convenient Charts and Graph for sales and sales tax information critical to quarterly sale tax filing. I just spent 45 minutes pulling this information from a Excel file and adding up several columns. Paypal management has stuck out on this idea - This is their biggest error since the awful packing slip debacle last year. Remember that one !? LMAO

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.