Reporting

wadeuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Can anyone help me out with how to run transaction reports going back six years please?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @wadeuk,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand that you would like to get transaction report. Yes you can download a report of your transaction activity for up to the past 7 years into PDF, Quicken, QuickBooks, or as a CSV or TAB file. Please take a look at this help center article to download the statements.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sam_jantzcafe
New Community Member

How long does this take? I've been waiting 3 days for one of these activity reports and it still says "In Progress".

Login to Me Too

Traverse
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. Have you managed to get your activity report completed? I've been waiting for 6 days now. Moreover, when I attempt to report a problem through PayPal's resolution centre, it doesn't work properly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Traverse,

Congratulations for your first post in our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry to know that you didn't get the activity report of your PayPal account. Depending on the history log, you may experience a delay. Download logs can take up to 5 business days to generate. You will be updated via email when your file is ready to be downloaded. I suggest you to wait till the time frame.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

tonib1
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if you got your report?

I requested 7 years worth on 4th June & it is now 13th June which is 7 business days since I requested it.  It is still showing as processing.  I should say that is a request for all transactions in CSV format from a Personal Account.  Although interestingly I notice that when I choose Custom Option from the Download Detailed Statements page the web address changes from paypal.com to business.paypal.com

I'm going to try just the latest 6 months, to see if its just a case of volume.

Well that worked, it was almost instantaneous!  Although I saw it in the list of reports but didn't receive an email notification, but then paypal emails to me have been slow today (4 hour delay!)

Perhaps I'll try year by year! 

Login to Me Too

Traverse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi tonib1,

no, I never got that report. It's still showing as 'in progress' over a month later since originally requested. I sorted the problem out in a similar way to you, by simply submitting a new report request. It worked out fine and the new request was ready for download within minutes.

The original (and still stuck) request was for report of all my balance affecting activities between 1 Ju[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

The more recent (and successful) request was for all activities between 3 Ju[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] So that's even longer period than the first one, and it's close to the maximum limit of 7 years back - still it run successfully. Therefore I'd conclude that the period for which the report is run, has nothing to do with it's successful completion. Mine and also your original report request must have got stuck for some other reason, but I don't know the reason... Anyway, it sounds like we are both sorted for now, that's the main thing.

Login to Me Too

tonib1
Contributor
Contributor

For information I did each year individually & they all worked almost instantaneously.  I'm now trying the 7 years again but starting with a day's grace (i.e.14th June - it's still 13th here)

That worked straight away.  So either the original one got stuck in the system or the fact that I did 4th Jun 2016 - 3rd Jun 2023 on 4th June was an issue

I tried again with to 13th June 2016  as a start date but the earliest it would let me give was 14th June 2016  but that could just be a time issue as its past end of business days.

Login to Me Too

tonib1
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received the email notifications 10:39pm & 11:31pm. Between1 hr 18 minutes  & almost 2 hr after I actually could see Paypal had produced report & I had downloaded them.  The paypal emails do seem slow in being sent but at least they are.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.