Reconciling paypal statements

Grommet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello folks,

Every now and then I attempt to reconcile my Paypal account as with other accounts, this is always a frustrating experience due to the multiple entries for just one transactions - searching for answers reveals many other users having the same problem, has anyone found a workaround other than third party software?

As an example, I purchased a small electrical item for the car, this records four separate  debits according to my activity statement download whilst the balance remains static - totally confusing.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Grommet
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's internal systems must make allowances for multiple entries which don't appear to affect the actual running balance, just need to understand what these are actually for.

I'll try Paypal customer support to see if there is an easier method.

Login to Me Too

Grommet
Contributor
Contributor

Well after pining messages/screenshots back and forth on chat I have finally given up.

The customer service agents simply do not recognise my query and how traditional statements add up based on debits/credits.

For the monet I think the best option would be a macro or pivot table to remove some of the duplicate entries which have no bearing on the final balance, shouldn't be too difficult once I have the parameters assessed.

Cheers

Login to Me Too

darkhors
New Community Member

It's a real nightmare what moron came up with the paypal system?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.