Received 1099K for sales over $20k but my transactions are under 200

frederick184
New Community Member

I recently received a 1099K from PayPal for 2021, for transactions of over $20k but my transactions were well under 200.  I live in Maryland.  I sold items of audio equipment that had been purchased by me previously and I did not sell these items for a profit.  I don't see why I would be subject to tax on these items.  Can anyone explain?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mrevives02
Contributor
Contributor
I also received sales but I don’t have any business i keep telling them it was from a betting site! The fanduel site did not make me a 1099 but paypal did 🤦‍♀️ It was my money i deposit to fanduel and once i win i transfer it to paypal and then to my bank. And then deposit money again to fanduel and so forth so it is actually a part of my money being transfer which they keep adding! I tried to talk with one of paypal via chat they told me to ask a tax professional for advice! They need to correct my 1099-k! I told them they can call fanduel to confirm it! They just don’t care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.