Questions regarding 1099 Form

ktriplexxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am an international student, and I am no longer stay in the United States since the beginning of the pandemic. I applied a Paypal account for online shopping. Once I backed to my country, my mother asked me for a paypal account to receive money from her oversea customers. I know nothing about tax law in the United States, and Paypal is asking me for more information and fill out the 1099K/W-9 Form. I would like to ask how could I clarify those money is not U.S income and I know that I violate the F1 visa if I work in the States but I never worked there. I just help my mother to receive her money. 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ktriplexxx

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can understand how the 1099 form can be a bit confusing, I'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction. We would normally recommend each user open their own PayPal account to receive funds under their own name. I wouldn't be able to comment on anything regarding your F1 status, but I can confirm any information requested would need to be provided to remove any limitations. I dug up the following Help Center article for further assistance: Common US IRS Tax Questions 1099-K, B-Notice, and FATCA

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.