Payment Transaction History Older Than 7 Years.

darkamaya
New Community Member

So I have been going back and forth with paypal customer service for a while now and I have not been able to get an answer yet.
I want to download my payment transactions history that are older than 7 years. (from 2009 to 2011) 
The download you can do in the activity tab only goes back 7 years from the day it is at the moment.
I have been told to use the "older version of the activity download tool" I dont know where and how to find it and the link in the message just brings me to the normal one that I have already tried.
I was wondering if anyone knew how I could do it as I keep waiting for a responce. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Alla19
Contributor
Contributor

I want to re order an Item I bought a long time ago, about 3 years.   I know what I ordered, but not from where.  My old paypal records hold this info.  I would like to search a keyword into my account.  Is this possible?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alla19

In such instances, you will need to request download of the activity choosing Statements in the Activity section. Here you can create a report with the timeframe you wish. It is not always instant, but Paypal will email a customised activity report once it is ready.  Here is a link https://www.paypal.com//smarthelp/article/faq1007

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StefanII
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to Alla19, but her/his posting doesn't answer the question which is about history older than 7 years. In FAQ1007 it says: "(You can download up to 7 years of prior transaction history.)".

Login to Me Too

Frostbourn

This is not solved. I am also looking for the way how can I generate reports from the last 10 years. I wrote an email message to Paypal but no response. 

Please help us Paypal!

Login to Me Too

bokbokbk
New Community Member

I had this same problem —I finally called customer service and they put in a special request for my records from 2001-2014. They said it will be about 72 hours. I will report back!!

Login to Me Too

womblin3
New Community Member

Hi, did they get back to you?

Login to Me Too

Perryll

I asked them about this on Twitter and they said:

"I completely understand your concern regarding finding a purchase from 2008. However, I am sorry to let you know that you can access and download transaction history only for the last 7 years. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us."

I assume they purge anything older than that. As far as I know, seven years is what's legally required to keep for some records. 

Login to Me Too

Chloe1955
New Community Member
Trying to find an old purchase price and seller name. Where to find?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.