PayPal needs to amend 1099-K Form with Correct EIN and send to IRS!

nadzkadz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

The business' 1099-K form for 2018 is incorrect because apparently PayPal wants me to get in trouble with the IRS. They have put my personal SSN on the form that they sent to the IRS, instead of the Business' EIN number. I had the same issue for 2017 and PayPal resolved it for me by amending the form and I had to send IRS a letter. However, they have done it again for 2018! I am not the business owner, just the financial manager. I cannot reach them via phone or messaging. Does anyone have a contact email address that I can use to resolve this URGENT matter?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

illinoistax
Contributor
Contributor

As I mentioned before, I eventually got mine fixed but not until I sent numerous emails and spent hours on the phone.  It's incredible how long it took them to fix such a simple problem.  I'm not really sure why it happened in the first place.  I'm a volunteer treasurer of a nonprofit and they claim that they need my SSN for some reason, but they are unable to keep that separate form the EIN of the 501(c)(3).  I would say it took about four weeks from when I started to when they finally fixed it.  Oddly, for a tech company, they were unable to post the corrected 1099-K online on my account.  Instead they sent it to me by US mail.

Login to Me Too

mark2424
Contributor
Contributor

@illinoistax Strange they fixed mine online but I agree the process should not be that hard. A supervisor helped me very easily though after going through a hassle with the normal employees / tax operations team

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.