PayPal Email Notice of eBay Customer Payment, missing key information

Psaviano
Contributor
Contributor

During the past year, I have noticed that when PayPal emails to me a notice of a sale and payment on eBay, the notice no longer includes the email address of the buyer.  Why is this important customer contact information no longer provided to me?  Have I inadvertently changed a setting on my eBay or my PayPal account?  I ship all my packages using Stamps.com. Without the buyer's email address, I am unable to send the buyer a notice of shipping and a tracking number for the package.

Is there a way for me to resolve this problem? Or, if it is a change instituted by PayPal or eBay, what is the justification? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Psaviano wrote:

During the past year, I have noticed that when PayPal emails to me a notice of a sale and payment on eBay, the notice no longer includes the email address of the buyer.  Why is this important customer contact information no longer provided to me?  Have I inadvertently changed a setting on my eBay or my PayPal account?  I ship all my packages using Stamps.com. Without the buyer's email address, I am unable to send the buyer a notice of shipping and a tracking number for the package.

Is there a way for me to resolve this problem? Or, if it is a change instituted by PayPal or eBay, what is the justification? 

It could be because eBay plans on phasing out PayPal as a payment processor and develop their own. This may stop the conducting transactions outside of eBay. You can enter tracking number through eBay instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.