New to downloading transactions into my accounting software and seeing duplicate transactions

luckybendlookou
New Community Member

Hello,

I have a paypal account for my very small business which I use to pay some very small monthly bills, and I pay an individual who sends me a few invoices per month. Previously the small amounts for each bill I paid were transferred from my bank account to the paypal account for each transaction. I then received a large payment from a customer which resulted in me having a positive Paypal balance. I had never had a positive Paypal balance before, so didn't take the time to think it through, and I somehow changed my settings so that my small monthly bills are paid with my Paypal balance. I thought that everything was now getting paid for with my Paypal balance. Now when I login to my bank account, I still have frequent transfers from my bank to my Paypal account, and some of them are duplicates of transactions that supposedly affected my Paypal balance (according to the report I downloaded). When I download transactions to my banking software, some (but not all) of my payments to the individual who invoices me are duplicated on my bank statement (a transfer to paypal) and on paypal statement (payment deducting from my paypal balance). What is going on?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.