Need help with a 1099-K

Redrum
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I really need help with this. I’m having a panic attack because I don’t understand all of it. I’m not a business, I’m just selling stuff on eBay. I made a lot I guess last year in terms for MA and got a 2020 1099-k. I file through TurboTax and they mentioned something about a schedule c or something but I don’t know how to go about this. I’m scared I’ll go to jail or something but I just need it really dumbed down. I’ve been trying for hours to figure this out and I don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sang07
Contributor
Contributor

Take the help of professional tax attorney for filing your tax return. They will know what to do with your 1099-k

Login to Me Too

aperl123
Contributor
Contributor

If you just sold personal items and didn't make a profit (if these were personal items purchased new you probably lost money) you do not need to report it because it isn't taxable income. Keep the 1099k handy and a written explanation that the items sold were personal in nature, you are not a businesses and you did not make a profit and any receipts you have to prove this in the event of an audit. If you live in MA which has a lower reporting threshold here is a link t0 their website that explains more Massachusetts 1099k information 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.