My 1099 is not listed under my tax forms. I should have one. Advice?!

samjowa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

My 1099 tax form is not listed under my tax forms. I should have one. I was told to please contact PayPal for assistance.  I have, but in the meantime - does anyone have advice?!

Thank you!!

- S

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samjowa 

PayPal will email you when your 1099 is available for download, if you have met the thresholds to receive one. Still early yet.

In the meantime, you can create/download a report by going to Activity > All Reports > Statements > Custom

Remember that only gross transactions categorized as goods and services payment (PayPal commercial fees charged) are included in the 1099 form. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samjowa 

PayPal will email you when your 1099 is available for download, if you have met the thresholds to receive one. Still early yet.

In the meantime, you can create/download a report by going to Activity > All Reports > Statements > Custom

Remember that only gross transactions categorized as goods and services payment (PayPal commercial fees charged) are included in the 1099 form. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

samjowa
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker thanks for your reply!  I have definitely met the threshold.  I wonder if it was the way the payment was sent?  I don't believe it was sent as goods/services. How do I share with IRS my income from PayPal if it was submitted not under goods/services then?

Just checking!  Thank you in advance for your help!

- S

Login to Me Too

Not applicable

Almost 2 weeks ago I got an email saying it was ready.  And my home screen has been saying it's ready since then.  Still not there...

Login to Me Too

shortrees
Contributor
Contributor

Federal law requires paypal to issue 1099's to qualifying sellers by 1-31-22. Paypal emailed me 5 days ago that my 1099 was available online. They are having SOME SORT OF TECHNICAL ISSUE, and it is still not available.   I called them and suggested they recompense me for the inconvenience. I suggest you do the same, right now, believe me. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

I also called. Have the 1099's become available yet?

Login to Me Too

Hwga12
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is Also not there yet? Just 2020, no email either. Was hoping yesterday. Frustrated
Login to Me Too

comicartfans
Contributor
Contributor

The good news is that this new link worked for one of my business accounts with Paypal and I was able to get my 1099. The bad news is that for my second account, I get the NULL error. 

Paypal, why are you not addressing this issue here in the Community? We need this problem corrected TODAY!

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

I received the null error on one account when I pasted the link in the address bar after logging-in but can't duplicate it now.

After that I believe I clicked on tax documents on the left again under Reports and it worked or I went to Activity > Reports first and clicked on it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.