Missing 1099-K?

esnorris6
Contributor
Contributor

I made 46k on a streaming service this year that pays me through PayPal. I am trying to file my taxes, but PayPal hasn't generated a 1099-K for me. Can I request one?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Conte613
Contributor
Contributor
It kinda seems like they are unofficially saying you’re only getting a 1099k if you went over 20,000 and 200 transactions unless you live in Virginia, Vermont, Mass, Maryland then the threshold is 600. But there are other states with lower thresholds and people received them last yr but they won’t be receiving them this year. I doubt they officially say this but by the wording on website and carefully crafted responses by people who ask I’m pretty certain people will have to figure it out on their own.
Login to Me Too

dark14horse
Contributor
Contributor

OK, then, how to go through activity records to find how much money I make? How to tell if it is below $20k or not? How to narrow down that search to find the total that counts the threshold of $20k?

Also, why are there no previous years of 1099K? I know I had it last year, but it is not displayed in my account.

Login to Me Too

Conte613
Contributor
Contributor
It has to be 20k AND 200 transactions. You could receive 75k in only 150 transactions and wouldn’t get one. Both have to be over. You can go through statements manually. Personally I did filter option on app. Money in for 2022. The transaction that count towards reporting are the little bank symbol in the circle next to transaction. I double check my 1099k last yr this way and it matched perfectly. As far as last years missing forms- that I have nothing.
Login to Me Too

Conte613
Contributor
Contributor
I get the 4 states listed have different thresholds but many other states do to and we are referred to a link. Does this mean the 1099k was not sent out in any other state that had lower thresholds besides Vermont, Virginia, Mass, and Maryland along with people who went over 20,000 and 200 transactions? Because it kinda seems like that is what is happening without officially saying it. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.