List of Ehtereum Transactions

dmandreae
Contributor
Contributor

How can I limit activity download to include only transactions related to Ethereum transactions?  I'd like to see the date, number of units, and amount of purchase or sale.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @dmandreae

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear that Transaction Summary isn't available. I was able to find the crypto purchase in the Activity Download easily by sorting the "Type" column and filtering for "Cryptocurrency", but it doesn't provide the number of units. However, if you do a search for the time-frame you're looking for in your PayPal Activity, and search "Ethereum", you should see the date, number of units, and amount of purchase / sale. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a downloadable version of those results. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @dmandreae

Welcome! Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forum. PayPal will provide a .CSV file called the Transaction Summary that will list the date acquired or sold, the quantity of the transaction, fee per transaction, total value, and transaction ID. You should be able to find the Transaction Summary in your Tax Documents center.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

dmandreae
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the tax document says I have no tax documents for 2021 or 2022, both years in which I made multiple crypto purchases. I wonder if it’s because I’m not a business member or because I made no sales.   

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @dmandreae

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear that Transaction Summary isn't available. I was able to find the crypto purchase in the Activity Download easily by sorting the "Type" column and filtering for "Cryptocurrency", but it doesn't provide the number of units. However, if you do a search for the time-frame you're looking for in your PayPal Activity, and search "Ethereum", you should see the date, number of units, and amount of purchase / sale. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a downloadable version of those results. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

dmandreae
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks JonK.   Though I marked your response as a "solution", it's definitely not a very desirable one, since as you point out, the download version of activity filtered to include only cryptocurrency transactions does not include the number of units.  It also does not include the type of crypotcurrency.  I have purchased all four types that PayPal offers, so the download is of little value if it does not tell me which one is involved in each transaction.

The viewable version of Activity does provide the information I need, but without being downloadable, doesn't allow me to do automated recordkeeping of my crypto activity.   It can be copied and pasted into Excel, but requires a LOT of manipulation once it's pasted into the spreadsheet.  

It would be nice if PayPal would offer a more satisfactory solution.   If they want to offer Cryptocurrency investments, they should provide a straightforward mechanism for tracking them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.