Invoices for PayPal fees

Matt150
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I run an online website and we use PayPal and Stripe as payment processing gateways. 

With Stripe, we can download monthly tax invoices that detail the fees debited from the Stripe balance before the money is transferred to the business account. We then file these invoices as expenses for accounting purposes. 

Does PayPal offer a similar feature? I have been searching on our account and I cannot find anything aside from generating reports that detail the fees taken off as and when incoming PayPal payments are processed.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

With Stripe, we can download monthly tax invoices that detail the fees debited from the Stripe balance before the money is transferred to the business account. We then file these invoices as expenses for accounting purposes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

are you saying  you treat sales tax as expenses? 

Login to Me Too

Matt150
Contributor
Contributor
No you misunderstand, the payment processing fees from stripe are taken off at the point of source but it’s nice to have an invoice that confirms that amount of each month so we can prove to auditors how much we have been deducted for payment processing fees.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The financial summary page would show you how much is Paypal fee,it is just one number though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.