Invoice for PayPal fees in EU

penseller
Contributor
Contributor

Does somebody know where can I find an invoice from PayPal for the fees they keep taking or who to contact to receive an invoice?

I don't know how PayPal thinks business works in the EU but the statements and reports that can be generated are NOT legal documents and if my book keeping is not in order I'll be fined because the numbers won't match reality.

I found one topic with zero replies here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-on-your-website/Montly-Invoice-of-Paypal-feeds/m-p/11864...

I can't be the only one from the whole continent who hasn't got this figured out and I can't just make up invoices in my accounting even if I know the company details of PayPal Europe.

Paypal (Europe) S.A R.L. ET CIE, S.C.A.
<removed>
<removed> Luxembourg
<removed>

Any help would be appreciated because customer support on the phone didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal does not send you a monthly invoice for fees it deducted from each payment ,you can get a YTD summary and look at the paypal fees taken ,or get one by month.

what I do is when I close the book for the month,I go to Payal summary section and get the $$ it took for that month.

the summary show how much you have collected,how much is fee and how much is refund ect.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

all I need is the total by month,I don't need it for each item sold,

yu can pretty much guess how much it could be,in USA paypal takes 30 cents plus 2.9-4.4% for each payment under goods and services.

if you transfer fund to your bank account using a debitc ard,fee is 25 cents,soon it will be 1% or $10 next month .

if you accept foreign currency,.Paypal charges 3 % conversion to US $.

pAYPAL does not send invoice,as it gets paid everytime some one make payment to you.

You owe Paypal nothing at month or year end,you paid every time you accept payment for yourbuinses

Login to Me Too

Astrogenic
New Community Member

The problem is that the document is not a valid document in the book keeping, it even says so at the bottom of it. So it is actually worthless.

Login to Me Too

Astrogenic
New Community Member

We have the same problem. The monthly report is not a valid document for the book keeping. I can't for the life of me understnd how Paypal gets away with this. It must be an easy thing for them to issue an invoice every month that customers can download.

We use the monthly report but if there is an audit, we will be **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

penseller
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, the only way this might be acceptable if Paypal would be a bank, which as far as I know it isn't.

Literally everyone whose services you use and pay fees (either deducted from incoming purchases or paid by you separately) issues an invoice. In my case the only exception, as I said above, is a bank.

Login to Me Too

meraudwatchco
New Community Member

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. 

All payment options I have (let's give an example, Stripe), offer a monthly bill with the fee amount. It's a legal document. 
The only thing that PayPal offers is an overview, which is not a document to be used for my accounting. It's worthless. 

I would like to book the PayPal fees into my accounting so I can count them off of the turnover.

This is a nightmare to be honest. It's wrong.

Login to Me Too

terraaquabg
Contributor
Contributor

As "penseller" mentioned above you have to consider PayPal as a banking institution. In this case the overview you have from PayPay is something like Monthly Bank Statement and you do not need Invoice for the fees. 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

no one works for free,that goes for Paypal and Ebay.

if the summary is not good enough,then download paypal activities,completed payments from report section and let your accountant sort it out how much is PaYPAL fee,he can use some software to figure the total sales and Paypal fees.

The paypal reports are good enough for IRS and state sales audit,we can give them the download file and let them use their software to figure what they want to see.

I dont know why your accountant has problem??

all he needs is to book a figure for that month,you figure it  is 30 cents transaction plus 2.9-4.4 % for goods and services payments,if he cant handle that ,find another who does      

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

someone mentioned foreign currency,Paypal just sent out a notice effective 9/3/2019,currency spread is 3.75% for goods and services and sending payment,all other is 3%.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.