IRS Tax Reporting

dsc5
New Community Member

I'm selling pottery that I've collected over 40 years, have hundreds of valuable pieces.  I did not open an Ebay store and am not a merchant.  Once my pottery is sold, I will not be selling on Ebay any more.  That said, I read where Paypal will report me to the IRS if I reach BOTH $20,000 and 200 transactions with a 1099 form.   I am not close to the $20,000 mark, but I am at 170 transactions.  Tried to ask Paypal, and the Paypal rep says the reporting threshold is $20,000 and 150 transactions, and I'm over the 150 and will be reported.  However, the Paypal website still says it's $20k and 200 transactions.  Which is it?    I've put a hold on my sales for the month of Dec. so I don't go over 200 and will begin selling again in 2021 to avoid threshold.  Can someone in the community please tell me which is the correct IRS tax reporting threshold:   150 transactions or is it 200?    Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.