How to download transaction history on a personal account

Johnredmond
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to download my transaction history for 2021 when you go to activity you can select 2021 and view transactions on screen but when you click what looks like a download button it takes you to a tax documents page which has nothing other than FAQ boxes 

help is useless as usual it tells you to click activity then statements link which dosnt exist, why do they keep changing things but dont update the help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

IGRobinson
New Community Member

I have found it by an accidental miracle

Go to the Settings cog so that a secondary white menu line appears under the blue menu line - click on "data and privacy", click on "download your data", then click on the blue link to "activity download"

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

IGRobinson
New Community Member
Solved

IGRobinson
New Community Member

I have found it by an accidental miracle

Go to the Settings cog so that a secondary white menu line appears under the blue menu line - click on "data and privacy", click on "download your data", then click on the blue link to "activity download"

Login to Me Too

Johnredmond
Contributor
Contributor

Thats brilliant well done never would have looked there its a round about way getting there but at least it works nothing like paypal making things easy drives me mad how these web developers keep changing things to justify there job

Login to Me Too

GingerK2
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the Settings cog?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @GingerK2

Welcome to the Community!  Through PayPal.com on the full desktop experience, you can find the Settings Cog in the upper right hand corner. You can also try this link for Settings if you're accessing PayPal.com through a mobile browser. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JeremyM4
New Community Member

IG Robinson

Thank you - that has been driving me mad for days. Why cant they put that on the help page. Such a simple thing that would save hours of hunting. 

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

Etifuchi
Contributor
Contributor

Oh [removed].

It used to appear as a tab in the Activity page and now we have searching.

I hate PayPal and I hate that I have to use it..... grrrrr

Login to Me Too

dkfjedflsjf
Contributor
Contributor

Wow - that is so obscure - good job finding it, and thanks for sharing. It just makes me wonder what on earth PayPal are doing and why? It looks like they are going out of their way to make this task difficult to access.  

Login to Me Too

dmandreae
Contributor
Contributor

I did this and was able to download a report, but it didn't show all the detail that shows up on the regular activity screen.  For example, I can find crypto currency transactions when I load the CSV file into excel, but can't tell whether each transaction is for BTC, ETH, etc.  When looking at the transactions on the regular activity screen, I can specify a date range, then find all the transactions mentioning "Ethereum", BUT can't download them in this format.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.