How to Find Transaction Details Older Than 3 Years

GeoffVoiceOver
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I need to download my transactions from as far back as 2011 and I can't seem to figure out how to find that information. I know I used to be able to do it quite easily, but with the latest round of changes, I can't figure it out. Could someone help me search and locate transactions from that far back?

Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Did you try this ?

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.

Login to Me Too

GeoffVoiceOver
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see "simple " or "detailed" anymore when I click on Activity. 

All that is there is a calendar selection box, but it only allows me to go back 3 years. 

To the right there is the Statements drop down with "custom," "standard" and "tax docs" options. When I click through to each of them, they all specifically mention the 3 year limit. 

Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Indeed you are "correct" - seems something has changed (again) - just checked both my personal and business accounts - both now seem limited to going back 3 years and there's some things that were available before that are gone  - now I'm as puzzled as you - will have to do some digging around on this one.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Here's something I've found that may be the work around:

Assuming you have a Personal Account, login to your account, once there, paste the following URL in your browser's address bar:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

This should bring up a different screen (actually, this looks like it's from the old interface) and it appears to be able to go back more than 3 years.  You can also select the fields you want - give it a try and see if you can get the info you need.

Note, if you have a Business Account, under the menu for "More", there's a Site Map - look for Transactions, Download Transactions - this will go to the same link as provided above.

Login to Me Too

Jon333
Contributor
Contributor

This worked well, thanks for your assistance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.