How far back can I get transaction/activity information?

carif379
Contributor
Contributor

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a little information on how far back I can get at transaction information. Googling brought back articles stating we could go back as far as seven years using reports, but I don't even see the reports section mentioned in the articles, so that has obviously changed or isn't available to me for some reason. I see no way to get at reports at all. When in the Activity section, the furthest I can seem to get back is three years. I'm fine with not seeing it on the screen and just downloading as a csv file, but I don't see that option either. I'm going to go back a look again, but thought I'd post here while I'm looking.

Is anyone aware of what the limit actually is currently, and how I can get back further if I'm supposed to be able to get history further back than three years?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @carif379, no worries at all! Here's how I got to that page:

1. Login to your account
  2. Click Activity at the top
  3. Click the Download link in the upper right corner
  4. Click "See more reports" on the left

And that should get you to the Reporting home page. From there you'll have the options to download your activity, check out your statements, and review your financial summaries if needed.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_JonK

Hello @carif379

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'd be happy to guide you through our Reporting Center. Just like you've found, you can download up to 7 years of your PayPal Activity. Here's a direct link to the page to Download your History. If you need more than 7 years of your history, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service for further assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

carif379
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help. This direct link got me right to where I needed to go. Is there any way to get to this page without the direct link? I can't find an option for this anywhere in PayPal's menus. I did see a help article stating to go to Activity, then click on Statements. Unfortunately, there is no statements option from my Activity page. I'm sure there is some way to get here without the direct link, but the help files within PayPal seem to be obsolete and their solutions no longer work and I cannot seem to find the Statements/Reports option.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @carif379, no worries at all! Here's how I got to that page:

1. Login to your account
  2. Click Activity at the top
  3. Click the Download link in the upper right corner
  4. Click "See more reports" on the left

And that should get you to the Reporting home page. From there you'll have the options to download your activity, check out your statements, and review your financial summaries if needed.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

carif379
Contributor
Contributor

There we go!

I hadn't even noticed the download button! Everything else is all text menus and options, except for that one. I guess I was looking right over top of it. It seems pretty hard to miss now that I know it's there.

Thank you for pointing out that snake before it bit me!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@carif379, happy to help! Have a great start to your weekend!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

ss471
New Community Member

Have followed your direct link (maybe it should be a menu button?) and downloaded a couple of reports but will not gather activity before 1 July 2022, even when start date is 1 Jan 2022. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ss471,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear that you're facing trouble downloading the activity in your account. I recommend that you to try again by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser/device to see if this works. If the error persists, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.