How do I see a statement with a running balance

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

Using any of the links that go to the old PayPal history no longer works; they take you to a page that looks the same, but when you try to use any of the controls it takes you to a new page that is just a list of transactions, there's no way to see a running balance.

This often-given advice also does not work:

"Go to Activity page and click "Statements". You can do a search and elect to show running balance by choosing "Custom" option."

Going to that area does not give you an option to select a running balance, and the "statement" that is generated does not include a running balance.

A running balance is a basic requirement for any financial service… How do we get there from here?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Stellaivory
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was going crazy !   How can a 'financial' company who deals in monetary transactions get away with not having a simple running $$ total of all transactions ?  Are we supposed to add it up ourselves ??  The option to create a report within a date range is a waste of time because it doesn't have all the info needed. 

Why would PayPal make a decision to stop a "basic" , fundamental requirement like a running total of expenditures.  Apparently this has been going on for a long time.  Not many complaints though compared to the number of PayPal users world wide. 

Login to Me Too

Bazzinator
Contributor
Contributor

It's crazy how few people are complaining about this. I figure most PayPal users mustn't balance their accounts.

Login to Me Too

Stellaivory
Contributor
Contributor

I thought the same thing..not many people are complaining about this lack of basic functionality.  My bank tells me on a daily basis how much I've spent.  I can't believe PayPal doesn't do it.  

Login to Me Too

PROC8
Contributor
Contributor

Typical Paypal, it was always a mess to get a statement with a balance, even worse were the missing transactions that made it impossible to work out what the **bleep** was going on but now there is no statement with balance available, it's insane.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.