How do I see a statement with a running balance

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

Using any of the links that go to the old PayPal history no longer works; they take you to a page that looks the same, but when you try to use any of the controls it takes you to a new page that is just a list of transactions, there's no way to see a running balance.

This often-given advice also does not work:

"Go to Activity page and click "Statements". You can do a search and elect to show running balance by choosing "Custom" option."

Going to that area does not give you an option to select a running balance, and the "statement" that is generated does not include a running balance.

A running balance is a basic requirement for any financial service… How do we get there from here?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody knows? Is this standard function just no longer available?

Login to Me Too

return2rios
Contributor
Contributor

HELLO PAYPAL!!!???

As an institution of financial means are you not required to allow customers access to a running balance?  Where's has this simple feature gone?  And please DO NOT RESPOND with go make a custom statement BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE!

As a very small business owner, I rely on simple measures to ensure my finances are in order without having to set aside an entire night of recreating my books!

BRING BACK THE FEATURE TO ALLOW SORT WITH RUNNING BALANCE PLEASE!

Login to Me Too

LBConnections
Contributor
Contributor

I too can't seem to find this ANYWHERE? ?
Have been trying to reconcile my books for days now and can't do so with out a running balance.
WHY doesn't Paypal respond with an answer on this query? ? 

Login to Me Too

LBConnections
Contributor
Contributor

Oh WOW - found it as they replied to me via PM
When viewing your activity log there are drop downs at the top so you can filter.
Look for the one that says balance affecting - Vella - all visible.
Thanks 
Hope this helps anyone else.

Login to Me Too

return2rios
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't see that on my page.  It's not found on the ACTIVITY tab or under statements, where you can see Balance affecting but when you actually create a document there is no running balance.

PAYPAL....  I REALLY NEED THIS FEATURE BEFORE DECEMBER SO I CAN RECONCILE!

Login to Me Too

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

@LBConnections 

Could you please post screen caps or more detailed instructions as to what you did to see your running balance? All I can find from searching every drop-down in every section of my account is "balance affecting," which is a totally different thing. No version of statements that are shown online or via download show a running balance.

What does "vella" mean?

Paypal, please respond publicly to everyone rather than PMing one person secretly, and give a better explanation as to how this crucial function can be found!

Login to Me Too

LBConnections
Contributor
Contributor

But when I saved it as a PDF the balance still wasn't there. So I went CRTL C to copy all on the Paypal site and then pasted it into an excel spreadsheet and then I had what I needed.

Hope this helps.

Vella or Wella is just another phrase for - done! Sorry my bad slang there.

Login to Me Too

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

@LBConnections

It looks like you're trying to post some images, but they're not showing. From your description, it sounds like you're copying something from somewhere, and then when you paste it, a running balance that did not exist in the original magically appears in the copy?

You weren't using slang, LOL, you were actually using French; the word you were trying to use is actually spelled voilà, and is pronounced roughly like vwah-lah. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.