How do I search invoices by due date now since it's NOT a FILTER option & removed ADVANCED SEARCH?

Howsweetkitchen
Contributor
Contributor

You can only filter by Creation Date (who the heck remembers what date an invoice was created) or by Payment Amount. Why would an ACCOUNTING screen, where you MANAGE INVOICES (BILLING) not have the ability to search for a specific date range when payments are due? For us, the payment due date is also the item due date, so we search this function several times a week! I decided to download a CVS of ACTIVE invoices, figuring I could just sort by due date - yes this is ridiculous that we now have to take this extra step to get the information, but it's a work around I THOUGHT would do. Well, this new update, even though you select ACTIVE invoices when you filter, search and then download, IT DOWNLOADS EVERYTHING Active, Cancelled, Archived EVERYTHING. Who has time to sort out hundreds of archived invoices to find the active ones? PayPal please fix it or tell me how to get around it! At this point Square is looking better and better and I've been using PayPal a LOOOOONG time.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Thomas42699
Contributor
Contributor

This is a HUGE problem for us too!  Please PayPal, help us to be able to manage invoices by due date!!!!  This is terribly inconvenient!!!  We aren't going to be able to wait more than a month before we are going to have to figure something else out if this isn't planning on being corrected. 

Login to Me Too

Foosman
Contributor
Contributor

The changes to the invoice filters have doubled the time it takes me to get the information I need.  I used to click on 1 button to see my unpaid invoices, now I have to select a date range, and even use Custom Range if I need to look way back.   Even have to set a date range to see my recurring invoices, because if I don't, it will only show me the ones I've created in the last 30 days.  Furthermore,  Partially Paid invoices are not considered unpaid, so to see all of your unpaid invoices, you have to filter first by "Unpaid", then do a separate search for "Partially Paid"... it's crazy.  How can anyone think that this is useful?   I'm looking at Quickbooks to do my invoicing since these changes were made, it's just too cumbersome to navigate now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.