How do I receive my 1099 Tax Form, if my clients paid me through PayPal?

jenvermet
New Community Member

How do I receive my 1099 Form for my taxes, if my clients paid me through PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @jenvermet

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand you would like some information on accessing your 1099-K Tax Forms. I can help with this! 

You can access your Form 1099-K from your PayPal account from January 31 and your Crypto gains and loss statement from February 15. Please go to the new PayPal Statements & Tax Center. Merchants, please go to your Tax Statement Page.

Note:

• If tax Forms are  issued for your account, they will be listed here and available to download or print.
  • If a tax Form or Statement is not listed and you still feel like you should have one, please contact PayPal for assistance.
  • A Reconciliation Report is included with your 1099-K that will list all of the transactions included in your total gross sales for goods and services.
  • A Transactions Statement is made available with your Crypto Gains and Loss Statement that will list all of your Crypto sale transactions.
  • Additionally, in the event that you’ve closed your PayPal account, your Form 1099-K will be mailed to your address on file

Here are some additional resources that may be helpful when completing your taxes:
Download your daily, monthly, or yearly business report
Download your Transaction History

Transaction Finder

To calculate your quarterly PayPal shipping charges, you can use the Transaction Finder. Here's how:

1. Click Reports.
  2. Click Transaction Finder towards the bottom of the screen, listed under “History and search.”
  3. Choose your date range (no greater than 90 days at a time).
  4. Click the dropdown for “Transaction Type” and choose Shipping.
  5. Click Search.
  6. Choose the type of file you want to download (PDF or Excel), then click Download.

This will create a quarterly report of PayPal USPS and UPS shipping charges, listing a total dollar amount at the bottom. You may repeat this process for each quarter and add up the figures to obtain your full year’s shipping charges.

Click here for more tax information and FAQs.

I hope this helps! Have a lovely day. 

-Rebecca. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.