Get summary of Total PayPal fees, shipping fees, ebay fees for 2019

RetroGameBoyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys

Thanks for taking a look. Well I did not anticipate on my little hobby generating as much where I would receive a 1099 - so I want to do the right thing. In order to calculate and report either a profit or a loss to the IRS I assume I would need to get a calculation of all the income and eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping fees that I paid - that way I can have a good idea of the profit / loss incurred. Does PayPal have any tools that can easily do this for us? At a minimum - I assume I would have to download the entire year as a file and then sift through the descriptions in Excel to isolate what was income and what was a fee - is that possible - the ability to export the activity - I think it may be - I just have not investigated it in detail. I am hoping there is an easier way that just shows the summary - but I am assuming not. Any ideas how I can easily get this information? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

RetroGameBoyz
Contributor
Contributor

I think I found what I needed under statements - thanks all if you took a look. Happy New year

Login to Me Too

Raylene1

What did you do?

I have been all over the statement download section and I can only see how much much entered my paypal account. I can't find anywhere that says how much Paypal has charged me for each transaction. Its driving me mad!

Someone please help

Login to Me Too

RetroGameBoyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there - I found the links under activity, then to the right there is a menu icon marked as statements. Click that it should give you links to custom reports, tax documents etc. Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.